NEUROTOPIA

Where brains are always on the menu! Serving up a heaping portion of the latest neuroscience news, plus a side of social commentary expertly seasoned with action potentials and cognitive functions. Garnished with general thoughts on science, ethics, and evolution. For dessert, enjoy a sickeningly-sweet understanding of human behavior!

Monday, August 15, 2005

The Big Day (take thirty-seven)

So Friday at 1 pm, I have to face the music. Unless somebody dies, I can expect roughly a four hour anal reaming about the work I've done over the last six years. Either I'll come out a bona fide Ph.D. or I get to spend the rest of my life saying "I'm not actually a 'scientist', but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"***

On the upside, I can actually start posting regularly again, with actual scientific content! My first project is slated as a real-life example of emergence in brain function.

****(Oh wait, that's William Dembski!)

2 Comments:

  • Best wishes, Evil Monkey. I hope to be in your shoes one day. Looking forward to the new science content.

    By Blogger Miranda, at 8/15/2005 04:15:00 PM  

  • Remember to begin your defense with "Cower now, brief mortals..." or "Fear not, for I come to you with tidings of great joy!"

    That should make your defense EXCITING!

    By Blogger Bob Cross, at 8/19/2005 03:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home