NEUROTOPIA

Where brains are always on the menu! Serving up a heaping portion of the latest neuroscience news, plus a side of social commentary expertly seasoned with action potentials and cognitive functions. Garnished with general thoughts on science, ethics, and evolution. For dessert, enjoy a sickeningly-sweet understanding of human behavior!

Monday, May 01, 2006

Returning to a place I've never seen

This weekend I went back to Winston to celebrate birthdays and hang out with old friends. The whole experience was very surreal because while my friends were very real and fresh in my mind, the town itself was not. I felt like I was returning to a place that I had just left, but had never been before. Just goes to show you how Anxiety Disorder + Ph.D. program = serious mental self-flagellation. A real Gunslinger dual-past moment, for your Dark Tower fans.

So I wanted to give a quick photo tribute to the city of Dream Time. Click below.


First off, getting there. The drive is absolutely gorgeous in the spring.


Next, the city. Notice the prominent phallus, err... building that used to house Wachovia.


The hospital where I got my degree.


The best goddamn diner, ever. Country ham and fruit pancake bliss.



Half of my old lab.


My cube.


The room where my fate was decided.


Winston at night. Not enough traffic to qualify for Koyaanisqatsi the movie, but from 2002-2005 I experienced Koyaanisqatsi, the Life. Very pretty regardless...


So there you have it. Thanks for joining me on a tour of the Dream Time.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home