NEUROTOPIA

Where brains are always on the menu! Serving up a heaping portion of the latest neuroscience news, plus a side of social commentary expertly seasoned with action potentials and cognitive functions. Garnished with general thoughts on science, ethics, and evolution. For dessert, enjoy a sickeningly-sweet understanding of human behavior!

Friday, January 27, 2006

Where ya been, hoss?

I've not been posting a lot because my free time got taken up trying to put together a website over at the Alliance for Science.

Go check it out, tell me what you think. It's a little sterile right now, but we've got something much more pleasing to the eye in the works.

In order to expand my html abilities though, I need more practice. And since I find Blogger to be completely and utterly uninspiring, I present to you the hint for my next project.

I have a lot of science content ideas percolating through my noggin, so a few of them will be put down here, but not for long....

4 Comments:

  • Groovy. Let me know if you are looking for an engineer's or physicist's perspective.

    By Blogger Michael, at 1/30/2006 01:41:00 PM  

  • No. :D

    By Blogger Evil Monkey, at 1/30/2006 04:38:00 PM  

  • Humn....
    Your "hint" seems to confine the study of neuroscience to the neocortex, and as such suggests a rather limited scientific view of neuroscience. You should read Bunge's work on emergent properties and "neuroholism" which includes the CNS, the input/output neural network of the human boday as well as the grey matter.

    VL

    By Blogger vergelimbo, at 1/31/2006 09:31:00 PM  

  • I have no idea where you're getting that from, I'm simply hinting at a redesign/relaunch of the blog while using one of my own brain scans as the logo. I am familiar with emergence, btw, I just haven't posted much about it besides here http://neurotransponder.blogspot.com/2005/07/dembski-extrapolates-out-of-his-ass.html

    By Blogger Evil Monkey, at 1/31/2006 10:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home