NEUROTOPIA

Where brains are always on the menu! Serving up a heaping portion of the latest neuroscience news, plus a side of social commentary expertly seasoned with action potentials and cognitive functions. Garnished with general thoughts on science, ethics, and evolution. For dessert, enjoy a sickeningly-sweet understanding of human behavior!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Proper acknowledgments

I want to thank a few individuals who helped my along my way.... click below...

To the lab in general, but especially: Rhonda, for always keeping things running and the boss happy. In the future try not to laugh at fashion faux pas when near the ER. Amy, Kari, Terry, and Stephanie, for teaching me the day-to-day survival hints and enduring the arduous equipment repairs. Keith, for helping me to maintain my sanity. Jul Lea, April, Paula, Dr. Browne, and Patricia; it has been a pleasure to work with you and hang out with you.

To "look at you" Armando, Anna, Hemant, Marian, Camillo, Susan, Frank, Andrea, Eusebio the Antichrist, Angry Dave, Katie-bird, Bob, Hal-itosis, Jen, Cock-blockin' Jorge, Kevin and Matt the Not-So-Ambiguously Gay Duo, Jarrett (who are you??!?), Amy, Monique, "I-can't-be-bothered-to-actually-hang-out-with-my-friends-when-they're-in-town-or-celebrating" Phil, and the rest of the Borders misfits, for your friendship. I will miss everyone more than you know.

To Homan aka "Dirty Balls", Kyung-Soo the Secret Asian Man, and Cris the King of Single Malts; ﺭﺩﺍﺭﺒ , 형님, brother. For your friendship, hospitality, and imbibing in copious amounts of ethanol with me.

To Karly (eeep!) and Audrey, the founders of the Adopt-a-Neuroscientist Program. You are truly my family. My couch is yours.

To Alex and Lesley, aka Otis and Hooch, it’s amazing what a crew of naïve undergrads can pull off, isn’t it? I bequeath a tubful of rats unto each of you.

To IWU, for a stellar undergraduate experience.

To the AN, for giving me a place to vent.

To the 2F/201 tradition.

To Mrs. Evil Monkey, for understanding.

2 Comments:

  • I suppose were I to measure the length of my personal epithet, I would rank as #1.

    Plus, I'll probably be the only one to come and visit you.

    Phil

    By Blogger vergelimbo, at 5/05/2006 11:01:00 PM  

  • Awwww, how sweet. :)

    I tried to keep it in something resembling alphabetic order so as not to show favoritism, don't feel bad.

    By Blogger Evil Monkey, at 5/06/2006 10:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home